Esther Phillips - Performance flac
|1||Can't Trust Your Neighbor With Your Baby|
Soloist [Guitar] – Jon SholleWritten-By – Isaac Hayes/David Porter
Written-By – Allen Toussaint
|3||Living Alone (We're Gonna Make It)|
Written By – B. BarnesWritten-By – Jill Lynn, Leon Pendarvis
|4||I Feel The Same|
Soloist [Guitar] – Jon SholleWritten-By – Chris Smither
|5||Doing Our Thing|
Written-By – A. Lee, C. Carter, C. McCants
|6||Such A Night|
Written-By – Mac Rebennack
Soloist [Tenor Sax] – Mike BreckerWritten-By – Eugene McDaniels
|KU 18 S1||Esther Phillips||Performance (LP, Album)||Kudu||KU 18 S1||US||1974|
|KU 18, KU-18||Esther Phillips||Performance (LP, Album)||Kudu, Kudu||KU 18, KU-18||Canada||1974|
|KU-18||Esther Phillips||Performance (LP, Album)||Kudu||KU-18||Germany||1974|
|KU-18||Esther Phillips||Performance (LP, Album)||Kudu||KU-18||USA & Europe||1975|
|KICJ 2569||Esther Phillips||Performance (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Kudu, CTI Records||KICJ 2569||Japan||2017|
- Alto Saxophone – Jerry Dodgion
- Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Don Sebesky (tracks: B3)
- Arranged By, Conductor – Gary King (tracks: B1, B2), Pee Wee Ellis (tracks: A1 to A3, B3, B4)
- Backing Vocals – Carl Carldwell (tracks: A3, B2), J. Denise Williams (tracks: A2, B3), Lani Groves (tracks: A2, B3), Patti Austin (tracks: A2, B3), Robin Clark (tracks: A3, B2), Tasha Thomas (tracks: A3, B2)
- Baritone Saxophone – Pepper Adams
- Bass – Gary King, Gordon Edwards (tracks: A3)
- Cello – Charles McCracken, George Ricci
- Chimes – Pee Wee Ellis
- Design [Album] – Bob Ciano
- Drums – Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd (tracks: B1, B2)
- Electric Piano – Bob James (tracks: B1)
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- Flute – Hubert Laws
- Guitar – Charlie Brown , Jon Sholle, Richie Resnicoff (tracks: B1, B2)
- Mastered By – VAN GELDER
- Organ – Richard Tee (tracks: B2)
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald
- Photography By [Album Photographs] – Alen MacWeeney
- Piano – Bob James (tracks: B2), Richard Tee (tracks: A3, B4), Richard Wyands
- Piano [Tack Piano] – Richard Tee (tracks: B3)
- Producer – Creed Taylor
- Producer [Associate] – Eugene McDaniels (tracks: B1, B2), Pee Wee Ellis (tracks: A1 to A3, B3, B4)
- Steel Guitar – Eric Weissberg (tracks: A2)
- Tenor Saxophone – Mike Brecker
- Trombone – Urbie Green
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – John Gatchell, Jon Faddis, Marvin Stamm
- Viola – Al Brown, Manny Vardi, Harold Coletta
- Violin – Charles Libove, David Nadien, Emanuel Green, Manny Vardi, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Paul Gershman
- Vocals – Esther Phillips
Stickers on back cover:
Promotional record for broadcast & review not for sale
Distributed by Motown Record Corporation
Printed on back cover:
Recorded at Van Gelder Studios
Recorded May, 1974
Not for sale
℗1974, Creed Taylor, Inc.
Publishers on labels:
A1 Poppy Music/Homunculus Music
A2 Warner-Tamerlane/Marsaint Music
A3 Fame Publ'g. Co., Inc.
B1 Skyforest Music, Inc.
B2 Skyforest Music, Inc.
B3 Walden/Oyster/Cauldron Music
B4 East/Memphis Music Corp.
Copies distributed in Canada are identical except for an additional sticker on back cover: Distributed in Canada by CTI Records of Canada Ltd.
- Rights Society (A1, B3): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A2 to B2, B4): BMI
- Matrix / Runout (A label matrix): RVG 98778 A
- Matrix / Runout (B label matrix): RVG 98778 B
- Matrix / Runout (A runout etched): RVG-98778.A-3
- Matrix / Runout (A runout stamped): VAN GELDER A2 P
- Matrix / Runout (B runout etched): RVG 98778.B-2 .
- Matrix / Runout (B runout stamped): VAN GELDER P
- Produced For – CTI Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Creed Taylor, Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Published By – Poppy Music
- Published By – Homunculus Music
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane
- Published By – Marsaint Music
- Published By – Fame Publishing Co., Inc.
- Published By – Skyforest Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Walden
- Published By – Oyster Music
- Published By – Cauldron Music
- Published By – East/Memphis Music Corp.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Esther Phillips born Esther Mae Jones December 23, 1935 August 7, 1984 was an American singer, best known for her R&B vocals. She was a versatile singer and also performed pop, country, jazz, blues and soul music. She was born Esther Mae Jones in Galveston, Texas. Her parents divorced when she was an adolescent, and she divided her time between her father, in Houston, and her mother, in the Watts section of Los Angeles. She was brought up singing in church and was reluctant to enter a talent. Songs in album Esther Phillips - Performance 1974. Esther Phillips - I Feel The Same. Esther Phillips - Performance. Esther Phillips - Doing Our Thing. Esther Phillips - Disposable Society. Esther Phillips - Living Alone. Esther Phillips - Such A Night. Esther Phillips - Can't Trust Your Neighbor With Your Baby. Total votes: 2. Other albums by Esther Phillips. Esther Phillips. Esther Phillips Sings. R'n'B Soul. Esther Phillips: все альбомы, включая Original Album Series , I'm a Bad Bad Girl , I Don't Care и другие. Esther Phillips: Performance. Her first album on Kudu, From A Whisper To A Scream 1972, contained a semi-autobiographical performance of Gil Scott-Heron's Home Is Where The Hatred Is, which earned Phillips her second of four Grammy nominations and the respect of her peers, but it also signaled the start of her most prolific period of recording. While at Kudu, the singer recorded eight albums, cementing her reputation as a vocalist par excellence and establishing her as the Kudu queen of blues, soul and R&B. Watch the video for Performance from Esther Phillips's Performance for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Esther Phillips December 23, 1935 August 7, 1984 was an American singer. Phillips was known for her R&B vocals, but she was a versatile singer, also performing pop, country, jazz, blues and soul music. Born Esther Mae Jones in Galveston, Texas, when she was an adolescent, her parents divorced, and she was forced to divide her time between her father in Houston and her mother in the Watts area of Los Angeles. Lesen Sie Rezensionen und informieren Sie sich über beteiligte is a rnb music album recording by ESTHER PHILLIPS released in 1974 on CD, LPVinyl andor cassette. ESTHER PHILLIPS - Performance. Jazz music community with review and forums. 1 rating 0 review. Album 1974. Filed under RnB By ESTHER PHILLIPS. Esther Phillips Format: Audio CD. Please retry. One of THE classic blues albums by one of THE best artists. There is not a weak track on the album. Read more. Album: Performance. Have This Want This. Album Info This Release. Visitor rating. Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections. 1974 kudu